Thursday, July 4, 2013

Our 4th of July

This morning, Josh got up bright and early to run the Kaysville Rotary 10K.  I was so excited to take the kids and cheer him on, but a couple of them were a little sick, so we stayed home.  (I made him take a pic since I wasn't there, and the above shot is what he sent me.)

Josh ran the 6.4 miles in 54:17...awesome!!

Since we couldn't go cheer on Josh, we decided to get some patriotic donuts.  After breakfast, we decided last minute to go to the Layton parade.  We hung out with cousins and cheered on grandpa as he ran by in the parade.  That evening, we went to my parents house for a BBQ and my summer favorite: homemade ice cream!  Then Grandpa put on a fireworks show, and we loved every minute.
Happy Independence Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment