Thursday, May 30, 2013

Becky's First 5 Miles


I did it.  I ran 5 miles.  It was really hard.  I am turning 30 tomorrow.  I don't know why I am writing in such short sentences.  But I am.  I ran slow.  Ok, that's enough...

I was supposed to go running with my SIL.  I knew if I wanted to run 5 miles, I needed major support.  Unfortunately, she had to cancel last minute.  I was all dressed and ready to go, so I just ran.  It is pretty awesome to be able to say that I ran 5 miles before I turned 30.  It literally felt uphill the entire way, but of course it wasn't.  My average pace was 10:30/min/mile, but it's better than nothing.  As soon as I got back, I just collapsed on my front lawn and couldn't move for quite a while.  But I had a big smile on my face.

However, my toes are KILLING me.  Better go take a bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment