Sunday, June 23, 2013

Our New Go-To Pre-Running-Meal

I have never had a Rumbi Rice Bowl.

But I have heard how delicious they are, and so I tried to throw my own version together.  It turned out amazing!  Josh told me I need to make it every Friday night because it would be a perfect pre-long-run meal.  (He must have forgotten that he is supposed to take me out to eat every Friday night.  I guess we'll have to change date-night to Saturday.)

Here is my recipe that fed our family of 6:

Rumbi Rice Bowls

  • 1 1/2 cups rice
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
  • 7 chicken tenders
  • 2 bunches of broccoli, chopped
  • 1/2 cup shredded carrots
  • 2-3 green onion, chopped
  • 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 green bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 bottle KC Masterpiece Caribbean Jerk Marinade
In rice cooker, cook rice in water and coconut milk.  Meanwhile, in large skillet, melt 2 tbsp. butter.  Add chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Cook until chicken is done.  Transfer to cutting board to rest.  In same skillet, add 2 tbsp. butter, and all of the veggies.  Saute until slightly tender, but still a little crisp.  Chop chicken into chunks and add to veggies in skillet.

To serve, place rice in bowl, top with veggie/chicken mixture, and add a little dressing.  The dressing is pretty strong, so we like to serve it on the side.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment